Monday, April 16, 2012

NaPoWriMo 16/30

Wow. Just over halfway through the month and I have to say I am so happy I decided to participate in this years NaPoWriMo Challenge. The prompt for today is to write a poem inspired by a picture. 

A Sexy Old Photo of My Grandma Clara

When I knew her
She was old, 
Wrinkled and liver spotted with 
Strict, short curls that had always been gray.
And yet there she is, 
Barefoot glamor girl in a bikini, 
Shiny waves of auburn hair,
A defiant smile and open stance
Arms behind her, welcoming the world, 
So young and on the verge, 
Pulsating with the very freshness I thought I'd invented,   
Head tossed back just so 
Laughing with the trees themselves 
As though they shared a certain knowing, 
Wind blowing through the tall crests of irises she planted, 
Her young pink toes curl firmly around the wet grass
The pale glimpse of her slender thigh
Surprises me every time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment